Returning to work after having children can be a daunting prospect however there are jobs that can fit around the needs of your family.
“Jobs for Parents” are family-friendly positions that may be part-time, flexi-time, term-time, temporary contracts or even working from home.
If you have a vacancy to fill and would like to advertise the role on Ripon & Nidderdale Mumbler then please contact us here.
Our Play Rangers work with children aged 4-11yrs, providing a range of leisure activities and support in our out of school club. Situated next to Bedale Park the club offers wonderful play environments and a multi-purpose room for children to carry out varying activities before and after school.
• work as part of a team in order to provide an environment in which all individual children can play, learn and develop.
• work as part of a team in order to provide an enabling environment in which all individual children can play, learn and develop
• provide safe, creative and appropriate play opportunities including preparing activities, organisation programmes and arranging equipment
• encourage community-wide participation and activity planning and delivery.
• develop and maintain good relationships and communications with parents to facilitate day-to-day caring needs
• consult with the children and involve them in the planning of resources, activities and environment
• encourage a close liaison with schools and other related agencies
• A full & relevant Level 3 in Early Years Childcare and Education or equivalent essential; play work qualification desirable
• Valid first aid qualification
• Experience of working with young children
• Ability to communicate well with adults and children
• To be able to demonstrate the ability to work as part of a team
Incy Wincy’s Ltd is committed to the safeguarding of all children in our care, candidates will be required to obtain an enhanced DBS clearance and meet the suitability requirements for the post.
Dependent on experience and qualifications
Working 25 hours per week
Contact – email@example.com
Incy Wincy’s is looking to recruit a Room Leader/Deputy Manager to join our Outstanding nursery. This is an excellent opportunity for childcare professionals to take the next step in their career.
You will work as a key person and lead members of the nursery team with support from the Nursery Manager to ensure we provide safe, high quality education and care which meets the individual needs of the children attending.
You will need:
Incy Wincy’s Ltd is committed to the welfare of the children in our care
all posts are subject to satisfactory references and DBS check.
Acorns Pre-School, Masham
20-25 hours – to be negotiated
Purpose of post:
– To contribute a high standard of physical, emotional, social and intellectual care for all children in the nursery
– To give support to other team members throughout the nursery
– To work as part of a team in order to provide an enabling environment in which all individual children can play, learn and develop
– Work with and support children
– Work as part of a team
– Build and maintain strong partnerships with parents
– Nursery Manager/Room Leader
– Qualified to a minimum of Level 3 in Childcare
– Paediatric first aid qualified (full training provided if required)
– Cleared Enchanced DBS check
Duties and responsibilities:
-Contribute to a programme of activities that meets the individual needs and interests of children in your base room, in conjunction with other team members
– Keep records of your key children’s development and learning journeys and share these with parents, carers and other key adults in the child’s life
– Engage in good team working
– Liaise with and support parents and other family members
– Attend out of working hours activities, e.g. training, monthly staff meetings, parents evening, fundraising events, etc.
– Be flexible within working practices of the nursery. Be prepared to help where needed, including undertaking certain domestic jobs within the nursery, e.g. preparation of snacks and meals, cleaning of equipment, etc.
– Work alongside the Nursery Manager and staff team to ensure that the nursery’s philosophy is fulfilled
– Read, understand and adhere to all policies and procedures relevant to your role, as deemed appropriate by the Nursery Manager
– Record accidents on Accident Forms, ensuring the Room Leader has initialled the report before the parent receives it
– Look upon the nursery as a “whole”, considering where your help can be most utilised; be constantly aware of the individual needs of all children
– Ensure only someone known, and agreed by the nursery and parent, collects the child
– Respect the confidentiality of all information received
Specific childcare tasks:
– The preparation and completion of activities to suit each individual child’s stage of development and interests
– Develop your role within the team, especially with regard to becoming a key person
– Ensure that meal times are a time of pleasant social sharing
– Wash and change children as required
– Ensure good standards of safety, hygiene and cleanliness are maintained at all times
– Ensure a poorly child is kept calm and warm and management is notified immediately
– Develop and maintain strong partnerships and communications with parents/carers to facilitate day-to-day caring and early learning needs
– Ensure the provision of a high-quality environment to meet the needs of individual children regardless of any disabilities, family background or medical history
– Be aware of the high profile of the nursery and to uphold its standards at all times, both within work hours and outside.
Blue Yonder Research are working with our client to explore the natural body movements of healthy babies. Video clips provided to us will be anonymised when sent to our client, and will be used to inform artificial intelligence on how healthy babies move. This means that when a baby is poorly, it can be recognised. If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or more information will be given in the sign up survey and consent form 😊
Location: Harrogate and Rural District/Hambleton and Richmondshire
Salary: £10.00 per hour for patient facing duties
Hours: 20 hours per week over 4 days
Are you an enthusiastic, motivated Health Care Assistant looking to be involved in providing excellent palliative care? Do you wish to join a team dedicated to enhancing the provision of services within a multi-disciplinary approach for End of Life Care within the Community?
We have an opportunity to join our team of Health Care Assistants working in the community, providing care and support in patients homes following patient care plans, and working closely with District Nurses.
Candidates will need to have experience of the care environment, and understand patient centred care, with the confidence to work independently.
Knowledge of infection prevention and control, note writing, and health and safety will also be required in the role.
Candidates will need to have a full clean driving license and access to their own vehicle to travel between patient addresses.
• Paid travel time
• 28 days paid holiday per year pro rata
• Bank shifts also available
• Support in training and Continuous Professional Development
• Comprehensive induction programme
• Free Uniform
• Free DBS check
• Contributory Pension Scheme with employer contribution of 8% and variable employee contribution
• Free Group Life Assurance
• Employee Assistance Scheme
• Opportunity to network within a wider group of likeminded professionals.
• A chance to forge and develop the career you love.
• Free car parking at North Yorkshire Hospice Care sites.
The current rate of pay for this role is £10.00 per hour for patient facing duties.
Travel, training, and mileage are all paid.
We positively encourage applications from all areas of the community, regardless of gender, race, faith, disability, age or sexual orientation and we encourage applications from users of mental health services. This is part of our commitment to equality and reflecting the diversity of our population. All appointments are subject to satisfactory pre-employment checks being obtained.
Successful applicants are required to provide an enhanced disclosure. Disclosure expense will be met by employer.
Please click Apply and you will be forwarded to our Recruitment Website, where a full Job Description is available.
For more information on the role, please contact us on email@example.com or on 01423 876086 and we can arrange for you to have a discussion with the team.
Completed applications to be received by 9am on 2 February 2021.
Interviews will be arranged as soon as possible after the closing date and will take place in Harrogate.
North Yorkshire Hospice Care is a registered charity in England and Wales (518905) with a family of services operating as Herriot Hospice Homecare, Just ‘B’, Saint Michael’s Hospice and Talking Spaces. North Yorkshire Hospice Care is a company limited by guarantee, registered in England and Wales (2121179).
Looking for a new direction?
Could you help a child or young person with complex problems turn their life around?
Fostering North Yorkshire wants to recruit foster carers with previous experience of working with children or young people with a range of complex issues.
Could you help a young person reach their full potential in both home and school life?
In return we offer a great package of training and support, plus development opportunities and tax free payments.
For example, our advanced level foster carers can receive over £25k per annum, based on a 52 week placement, for a child aged 11-15.
Want to know more?